NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics Chapter 6 Rural Administration contains answers to all the questions given in the exercise of the civics book. These solutions have been created on the basis of NCERT Book Guidelines. The solutions are prepared in simple language by our subject experts to help students in their exam preparation.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics Chapter 6 PDF
Class 6 Civics (Social and Political Life – I) Chapter 6 Questions and Answers
Question 1: What is the work of the police?
Answer: The works of a police are:
- Listen to the public complaints.
- Maintenance of public safety
- Investigation of the cases
- Maintenance of law and order
Question 2: List two things that the work of a Patwari includes.
Answer: The works of a Patwari are:
- Measuring land and keeping land records
- Maintaining and updating the records of the village.
- Organising the collection of land revenue from the farmers and providing information to the government about the crops grown in this area.
Question 3: What is the work of a tehsildar?
Answer: Works of a Tehsildar are:
- Ensuring a proper collection of land revenue
- Provides caste certificates to the students
- Ensuring that land records are kept safely.
- Supervising the works of Patwari.
Question 4: What issue is the poem trying to raise? Do you think this is an important issue? Why?
Answer: The poem is trying to raise the issue of gender discrimination against women. When women cannot inherit their father’s property, it always goes to the sons. It is a very important issue, because in the eyes of the constitution all are equal. Hence, they should be given equal rights over their parents’ property.
Question 5: In what ways are the work of the Panchayat, that you read about in the previous chapter and the work of the Patwari related to each other?
Answer: The difference between Panchayat and Patwari are:
- Panchayat solve the land dispute but Patwari keeps the land records and land dispute record.
- Panchayat imply the tax and revenue but Patwari organizes the collected revenue.
Question 6: Visit a police station and find out the work that the police have to do to prevent crime and maintain law and order in their area especially during festivals, public meetings etc.
Answer: To prevent crime and maintain law and order during festivals the police take the following steps:
- Spread awareness among people in many ways.
- Prepare for any emergency.
- Enquire about the amount of crowd to be gathered in the local areas.
- According to the crowd they prepare the setup of the police on duty.
Question 7: Who is in charge of all the police stations in a district? Find out.
Answer: SP (Superintendent of Police) is the in charge of the police stations in a district.
Question 8: How do women benefit under the new law?
Answer: The new law has brought a good change in the life of women as:
- Now they feel more secure and independent.
- Now they can get the share in the ancestral property.
- Now they can start their own business after getting the share in the property.
- Now they are empowered and live peacefully in the society.
Question 9: In your neighbourhood are there women who own property? How did they acquire it?
Answer: Talk to the elders in your neighbourhood and try to gather information about the women who own property. Talking to elders would be helpful as they would have the knowledge of the people who have been living in the neighbourhood for a long time. Once you get a few names, meet these women and talk to them about how they acquired their properties.